Yen's Adventures in Vietnam

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

apologies

i haven't been updating a lot lately. my deepest and most sincere apologies! but i have uploaded pictures, so go check them out!

last weekend, i went to the mekong delta to visit my grandfather and to visit an aunt and uncle. everyone was so nice to me, it's amazing. i find that people here are very nice, whether they are helping you buy something or just hosting you in their home. maybe it's because i'm an american and perceived to have money or maybe it's because they're family. either way, hospitality here is top notch.

but i've started really working and such. for the past two days, i've been attending this workshop for professionals to get trained in HIV counseling. it's pretty cool. i'm finding my way, however blindly, through the technical vietnamese. but, i'm happy to report that now i know the vietnamese word for HIV infection, commercial sex worker, and injection drug user! delightful things to know and use, i know. but it's cool, i can really see a difference in the vietnamese that i understand. however, speaking it is another matter. i'm still learning. my uncle's driver, when taking me home today, was trying to get my to speak and kindly correcting my word usage and pronunciation. it's really hard. argh.

but yeah, that's all that i have to report for now. back to being bored. i watched "13 going on 30" today. it was a cute movie. gosh, i was so bored. but i got my hair dyed (bright red!) and my nails buffed. hehehe, it's nice being "rich."

What do you have to say?(0)

Post a Comment

<< Home